Terms and Conditions of entry
All entries in 2021 will again be through the British Triathlon 'TriConnect' system and run by the Race Director.
Hedgehogtri Terms & Conditions of entry (children's events)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering yourself (or on behalf of another applicant, you retain the responsibility to acquaint the participant of these conditions; please also see 'higher duty of care' note below for applicants under 18 years of age) into the chosen event you accept that this event is conducted under the rules and conditions of The British Triathlon Federation and agree to acquaint yourself with, and abide by, those rules and any instructions issued by the organiser. You declare that you are fit to take part in this event, and understand that you take part entirely at your own risk and relieve the organiser of any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage sustained to either your person or property as a result of your participation. Please click on the following link for further details of race rules etc https://www.britishtriathlon.org/competitionrules
All competitors are required to ensure they are physically fit to take part at the level entered.
Where applicable, all competitors/ parents must ensure a road worthy bicycle is used. That all parts of the cycle are in good working order e.g. brakes
Lost or damage to property is at the owners own risk during the event
REFUND POLICY- Children's events only & under NORMAL conditions.
We are aware that applicants can be injured in training and may need to withdrawal from a race. However, please understand that costs are incurred by the race organiser from the time of your entry being processed. For instance, facilities, services and goods have to be booked and paid for in advance. Therefore, to protect the event, a notice of intended withdrawal will be accepted for refund requests:
* Outside 40 days - full refund (minus admin fee)
* Between 40 days & 30 days - 50% Refund (minus admin fee)
* 30 days prior to the event - No Refund given (see Transfers below)
(admin fee charge= £4.00 + 4% of entry fee changed by TriConnect)
Application via email only giving name, DOB, address.
A refund granted then the competitor will need to supply BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS for a credit transfer of funds- no cheque/ cash will be sent out.
CANCELLATION OF EVENT
If there is Bad weather on the day of the event the race organiser reserves the right to change/ substitute/ shorten the course to ensure the event runs safely. No refunds will be possible.
If the event is cancelled by the organiser an alternative date will be put forward and competitors can choose to enter for the new date or have a credit toward a future event.
CANCELATION OF EVENT (due to government recommendations/order)
Current issues with virus problems in the country may lead to the authorities instructing the cancelation of all sporting events.
However, please understand that costs are incurred by the race organiser from the time of your entry being processed. For instance, facilities, services and goods have to be booked and paid for in advance. Therefore, to protect the event, any refund will be at the Race Directors discretion.
TRANSFER TO ANOTHER RACE
Before 40 days prior to the event - transfer into another 'like' event possible - email the race organiser. Date of request will be date of email received
- Between 40 days and 3 days - at the discretion of the Race Organiser but an admin fee may be charged.
- within 3 days* - No transfer possible.
(*note: 3 days before an event will be a Thursday, if the event is on the Sunday).
- Application in writing only, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with details of full name, DOB and race to be transferred to.
SUBSTITUTIONS - children's events only
2 hours prior to an event a substitution can be made in the event with no charge. A new entry form will need to be completed and signed by the parent/ guardian and handed in at Registration.
If the substitution is within 3 days race numbers and starting times may have already been assigned and may not be changed.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING (by Hedgehogtri Events or official photographer)
You agree that all photography and video filming taken during the event may be used for future advertising and marketing purposes. This may include publishing event pictures on the Hedgehogtri Events website and future marketing promotional material.
CHILDREN’S EVENTS/HIGHER DUTY OF CARE
Guardian/parents applying for participants whose age is below 18 years on race day or at the time of application (Higher Duty of Care) must be aware of the following: For junior participants whose age is below 18 years on race day or at the time of application, a higher duty of care exists and is maintained for the participant as the responsibility at that time of the person performing the transaction to complete the entry process. By definition, the card holder is 18 years or older and assumes the principle guardianship responsibility of consent and evaluation of suitability for participation from their knowledge of the individual. This will include an understanding and implications of the health and endurance requirements to participate in the event(s) in question, and an appreciation of an event’s race practices and course. It is expected that for these situations, the card holder adds their detail prior to submitting the completed web application form. This does not infer that the duty of care remains wholly with the person conducting the transaction, but rather in their compelling judgment and responsibility in this issue. Nonetheless, the event itself is run under the governing body's sanction (BTF) whose certificate is only issued once the whole event has received a detailed risk assessment and scrutiny. In this way, the duty of care by way of the event organiser and officials is persisted through these measures. NOTES; Day membership, under 18s, conditions of entry, 'I Accept' tick box
How we use your information.
Information submitted through this web page or by using a paper/manual entry method is kept securely on computer and used only for the administration of your entry and participation in this event. These details will not be shared with any other or third party except under the following situations:
- registering day licence membership details with the BTF as required for DAY MEMBERSHIP. Such detail is specified by the following statement: 'As a condition of your day licence membership, you agree to the details of your name, address, telephone number and date of birth being forwarded to the BTF for the purpose of registering your day licence membership'. For further information, please see the section headed 'BTF and DAY MEMBERSHIP'.
- In administering your entry and based on the information you supply, your name, team/club detail along with an estimated start time will be published for each event entered in the web 'entries so far' page. This page is freely accessible from the organiser's home page.
- “All participants agree that his/her personal data can be disclosed to the British Triathlon Federation (“BTF”), in order for the BTF to log their race results for the purpose of providing membership services only and for the compilation of anonymised statistical information.”(added 29/4/15)
BTF and DAY MEMBERSHIP
You must be a member of the BTF (or hold a day membership licence which is issued at registration for non-BTF members) in order to take part in a BTF sanctioned event. For members, you would have received a cheaper rate of entry fee (-£1). For non-members you will need to purchase a Day licence for £1 on top of the race entry fee. BTF membership provides you with Third Party (Public) Liability insurance, provided by the BTF's insurer which will indemnify the member in respect of a successful Third Party claim made against them. The policy generally has an indemnity limit of £5,000,000. It is the applicant's responsibility to satisfy themselves that such indemnity and cover is sufficient.
The typical association statement is as follows: As a condition of your day licence membership, you agree to the details of your name, address, telephone number and date of birth being forwarded to the BTF for the purpose of registering your day licence membership. This forms part of your conditions of entry which you agree to by ticking the "I have read & agree to abide by the conditions of entry" box. You further agree to abide by the conditions of membership and rules of the BTF, details of which are published on https://www.britishtriathlon.org.
If you subsequently become a member of the BTF, then on production of your BTF licence at registration, your day licence levy will be refunded and a note of your BTF membership taken. In all cases, BTF licence details will be checked against those supplied during the application process. However, failure to produce a current BTF licence at registration where a BTF licence number has been supplied during the application stage will automatically invoke the day licence levy against the competitor. No exceptions can be permitted.
In many instances we do not need your actual date of birth, but asking you for it allows us to:
- fulfil a requirement for Day Licence conditions (see 'how we use your information' section)
- ensure that we meet our obligations with regards to running a BTF sanctioned event in so far as to detect where an applicant does not meet a minimum age requirement set by BTF rules
- enable grouping of finishers into an age related result category
- ensure that the parent/guardian has given permission where the applicant is under 18 years of age at the time of application
- Parents and Carers of competitors will be expected to complete a 'Health Declaration' 48hrs prior to attending the race. This is for the government's 'Track and Trace' scheme during the current crisis, names and contact details will be forwarded on to them if requested.
- The number of spectators are asked to be kept to a min. One adult per child ratio.
- Race Tickets emailed to parents/carers will detail registration and estimated start times, we ask all to follow these to reduce crowding.
- All person attending will be expected to follow the government current ruling on numbers gathered and distances to be kept.
COVID-19 PROTOLS (added November 2020)