Your school triathlon/ consultancy/ equipment hire
For numbers up to 100 students 6yrs to 16yrs, held on school site using school pool and nearby sports field (grass). Full risk assessment carried out and discussion on requirement held with representative, quote on request.
• Full Risk Assessment carried out on the course, child care arrangements.
• Full equipment hire for one day, rigged and de-rigged by Hedgehogtri Team to include cycle racking banners, stakes and marshalling tape, also winners rostrum.
• Race briefing for students and marshals.
• Hi-vis marshal equipment.
• Public address system for use.
• Free school assembly presentation (15mins) prior to the event.
• Extras- timing, race numbers, medals,
• All competitors supply own cycle and helmet
• Arrival early morning before students arrive, set up secure cycle area.
• Setting up courses marked with equipment, marked fully with proper banners and race signage
• Race briefing for each competitor.
• All marshals to be supplied by school (school staff / parents)
• Race briefing for marshals.
• Public address for us by member of school staff.
• Race controlled by Hedgehogtri Team members over agreed course.
• Once finished all equipment dismantled and cleared away.
• First aider required from school staff but can be supplied by us at extra cost.
• Other extras: Race Timing, race numbers, presentation medals, cycle/ helmet labels.
• Note if timing required extra marshals will be needed to operate PDAs (Palm computers)
Cost: Ask for a quote, deposit of £50 required at time of booking, full amount due 7 days prior to the event.
Paul Hedger has been involved in triathlon since 1995. Originally as a competitor, moved swiftly into race organising whilst managing Uckfield Leisure Centre for Wealden DC. First events were Uckfield, Crowborough, Heathfield triathlons/ Aquathlons. In 2000 set up Hedgehogtri and added the Ardingly Triathlon (still running today). He helped set up Mid-Sussex Triathlon Club and their event in Burgess Hill (still running today). Other events followed; Hailsham Triathlon, Wealden Wizz Fun Run in Uckfield. In 2001 started staging children’s triathlon event in Uckfield and Heathfield, then in Ringmer as he moved job role within the new leisure company (Freedom Leisure).
In following years he became a Triathlon England (TE) level 2 coach, set up Sussex Tristars children’s club based at Ringmer. Also he is a Local Technical officer (Referee) and has attended both the TE Race Organiser’s course and ISRM Event Management Course. He is a member of EGTC, MSTC and Tuff Fitty TC and Sussex Tristars. He currently is a member of the Triathlon England South-East Region committee responsible for Young Persons.
Paul runs the Hedgehogtri Event series of events; triathlons, aquathlons, open water swimming. Also the ‘Kidstri’ Series for children 8-16yrs which are run around the East and West Sussex area.
• Experience of race organising over the past 19 years.
• Starting up new races both children and adult.
• Event accounting and marketing.
• Course design.
• Current British Triathlon ‘Permitting’ guidelines.
• Dealing with partners: local council, leisure provider, police.
• Equipment required
• Timing, volunteers, Health and Safety, Risk Assessment.
• Marshal management, training, race briefings, websites, twitter, facebook etc.
All the above needs to be considered and in most cases documented for safety and to ensure the event run smoothly, fairly and within the rules of British Triathlon.
As we stage a lot of events throughout the season we have a lot of kit, so it is available for hire at your event. Prices on request:
List of equipment for hire
• Racking for 220 cycles (within that racking for 72 children’s cycles – lower level)
• Feather Banners 2.4m high- transition in, bike/ swim in, run/cycle out, finish x2,
• Transceivers with headset (10) for communications.
• Winners demountable rostrum
• 6ft Tables (2), 8ft tables (2)
• Outdoor public address system, six speakers & stands, two radio mics for use, additional generator if no power is available.
• Blue fencing & metal stakes for large transition area.
• 300 sports cones to mark children’s run / cycle course.
• Timing system (independently hired)
• Marshal vests, tools etc.
• Signage for medium sized event 18”x 24” arrows and worded signs for run/ cycle courses & transition.
July 2015 & 2017
St. Peters Primary School, Cowfold, West Sussex: hold a school triathlon each year and we are proud to be involved.
"Pupils at St Peter’s CE Primary School, Cowfold challenged themselves by completing a triathlon course set up in the school grounds. Hedgehogtri, a Sussex based triathlon organisation, ran the event which saw pupils from four years old to eleven complete a swim, then a bike course and finally a run.
The triathlon was organised to raise funds for Global Action Nepal as the school has recently made a link with its founder member because he is an ex-pupil of St Peter’s. The children were sponsored to complete the event and raised a total of £460.
The pupils loved the event which saw them complete more swimming pool lengths and laps of the field, the older they were. After the event a popular request was, ‘Can I do that again?’ Parents, teachers and governors were impressed at how well organised the triathlon was. Hedgehogtri run many triathlon events for adults and children so if you are interested in triathlon just visit their website.
Mr Kolter, the Headteacher, was extremely proud of the pupils. ‘I can’t believe how hard the children tried,’ he said. ‘The course was really quite long and I was amazed how much every pupils showed determination and enthusiasm out on the course!’"
For any quotes or further information on the above then contact Paul Hedger on 07920 141631 E = firstname.lastname@example.org